Saturday, November 28, 2009

Why don't cats go grey with age?

As I looked in the mirror this morning I noticed a few color deprived strands of my hair standing on end - demanding my attention. I was starteled out of my daze when my 20 year old cat jumped onto the sink. 20 years is very old for a cat, but yet she shows not a single grey hair - what's her beauty secret? Why don't cats go grey?



Why don't cats go grey with age?

my 8 year old cat has not alot, but a few grey hairs on her fur.(and she's not even really that old!) so maybe your cat does have a beauty secret!



Why don't cats go grey with age?

Some cats do. My Siamese lilac points get darker with age.



Why don't cats go grey with age?

Because your cat is secretly coloring its fur?



Why don't cats go grey with age?

some do, my X mother in law had a siamese that did grow grey, she was 19 yrs old...But that was the only one I ever seen alive that old!



Why don't cats go grey with age?

Your cat may not ever get grey hair. If she is orange/brown/white her color may simply fade, or become lighter. Usually if cats get grey hair, I see it mostly around the face and chin. But if she only has a slight color fade, you may never notice, especially since it happens slowly over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
poor credit