Friday, November 27, 2009

Hair Dye Question - Need Help.....?

I dyed my hair yesterday trying to cover up my grey roots and it came out a really, really bright orangy red. I am a natural redhead and the color on the box looked really nice, natural and not dark at all. What can I do to get rid of this nasty bright color? I look like a Duracell Battery!!!!! Please help!



Hair Dye Question - Need Help.....?

If I were you I would go to a professional colorist. I used to color my hair all the time when I was younger. I have had every hair color there is. Believe me, red is tricky. I would not recommed an ash shade, your hair could turn battleship gray(my mom made that mistake one time, she had a golden reddish blonde shade and she put an ash shade on top of it to try to tone down the red) I colored my hair red once. I used a dark auburn color and it turned out bright copper. I washed and washed my hair but nothing happened. I ended up going to a colorist. She had to strip the color out before re-coloring. If you try to fix this yourself it is highly likely that you will make it worse. Hope this helps! ;)



Hair Dye Question - Need Help.....?

Haha red hair dye sucks if you want to streighten your hair... Just redye your whole head....



Hair Dye Question - Need Help.....?

Get another die, this time ash colour, brown preferbly. (it will say ash brown on the box) this will calm the orange down. Or you could use a ash toner.



Hair Dye Question - Need Help.....?

Put a hat on, go to the store and pick up another, darker hair color to cover what you already have.



Hair Dye Question - Need Help.....?

Wash your hair like crazy, because whn you first die your hair it is super bright. Then if you dont like your hair again i would get it professionally done.



Hair Dye Question - Need Help.....?

That's happened to me but my hair is naturally dark brown. The only way I was able to fix it myself is by dying it in a much darker color to even it all out. :( Since your hair is naturally red, I would see a professional.



Hair Dye Question - Need Help.....?

Next time choose a haircolor with more brown in it. brownish red from Loreal is nice. (Gray hair comes out lighter and brighter, especially reds.) Until then, if you can 't recolor right away, you can get that Fanciful temporary color, it rinses out. Or you can use loving care which will not bleach it anymore with peroxide, just coats the hair.



Hair Dye Question - Need Help.....?

red is a hard colour to died mabye u should go and dye ur hair a darker colour e.g dark brown ok



Hair Dye Question - Need Help.....?

I'm assuming that since it's covering grey it's a permanent colour? Is it only the grey that has gone that colour? Did you check that the colourant is suitable for covering grey as it sounds like it isn't? If it's just the grey use a permanent designed to cover grey over the top and follow the instructions for the recolour i.e. colour your roots first then apply the rest after a development time. If it's the whole head usually a brown toner will bring it down if not try a semi in a brown colour.



Red dye does tend to be a pain, hope this helps



Hair Dye Question - Need Help.....?

Here is something that a friend of mine used to get rid of her "dye-job-gone-bad". (They are both hair color removers) I haven't used them personally, but it worked for her. Hope this helps!! You can read about both products %26amp; decide which one would work best for you.



http://www.folica.com/one__n_only_Col_d3...



or



http://www.folica.com/Clairol_The_Unc_d5...



Hair Dye Question - Need Help.....?

My hair is also red. Redye your hair a deeper shade. If you have a store called "Sally's" in your area, visit them. They are a beauty supply store and carry products that are much better than those in the grocery stores, etc. The color lasts longer because it doesn't fade as quickly. In the long run, the products are much cheaper. The yearly membership fee is about $5. I love going in their store. Purchase a bottle of developer, box of plastic gloves and a plastic bottle. They will last for ages. Have someone in the store help you select a shade that will blend well with your hair. Unless your hair is very long, you will only need one bottle of color. Mix equal amounts of the color and developer. Leave on your hair about 30 minutes or so, then wash out. It's just like using the kits. It is never necessary to spend the money that a salon will charge to color your hair. I have done mine for years and only use Sally's products. If you know someone with a license, you can have them purchase the items at RDA. It is strictly for professionals but carries a wonderful line of products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
poor credit