Thursday, June 17, 2010

Which is worse ? Chemically straightening hair or ironing hair every 2 to 3 days ??

I have Long natural curly hair and have had my hair chemically straightened twice, I love it. I know this is not the best for my hair but I like how straight it is when finished and it last me almost a year. Now that I can not find a place to chemically do my hair anymore, I have bought an iron and do it about twice a week. Dont' like this as much, have seen a lot more grey hairs.



Which is worse ? Chemically straightening hair or ironing hair every 2 to 3 days ??

i have had my chi flat iron for over 3 years. I have used it on my hair everyday.



it's very important to:



1) not wash your hair everyday; your hair needs it's natural oils



2) use hair products; like aveda damage control



3) use an extra moisturizing conditioner; like keretase



i think using a GOOD flat iron is better than having it chemically straightened.



Which is worse ? Chemically straightening hair or ironing hair every 2 to 3 days ??

Chemicals are bad for the hair but only if used too frequetly. Heat is bad too unless you are using ceramic hair tools :)



Which is worse ? Chemically straightening hair or ironing hair every 2 to 3 days ??

If you don't already, try using a heat/anti-frizz product. I've been using Redken Heat Glide for about 3 years now and I love it! If you have a quality iron that gets hot evenly and doesn't snag your hair, you should be fine straightening it a few times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
poor credit