Sunday, June 20, 2010

Major Hair Trauma! Help me someone!?

Alright, I am having a major hair dillema!!! I am natually a dirty ugly ash blonde, so I had been dying my hair a light sunny blond almost all my life. Well, I bought some hair day that was obviously packages wrong, becasue it dyed my hair like a gray color...I looked like gandolf from lord of the rings!!!! So, the same day i bought some brown hair dye and dyed it like a light brown color. Almost hot chocolate color. Well, it was fading after a few washes back to gray, and I wanted to go back to blonde. Nothing ont his planet will dye this hair blonde again! I have dyed my hair 4 times in one maonth trying to get it back, and it won't dye back to blonde. HELP ME!!! I've never been to a hair salon, is this the type of problem a salon can fix, or do i just have to wait it out? It was permanent. It's horrible, this is the ugliest blonde/grey i have ever SEEN!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!



Major Hair Trauma! Help me someone!?

Ok, hon, you definitely need to go to a salon now, don't try to do anything else on your own. You have dyed your hair and overprocessed it and now anything you do at home will not come out the colors the products say they will because your hair has been stripped and the cuticle damaged, it will not color or retain color the same way anymore. You need to find a salon in your area which is known for good 'color correction.' Make sure you pick a salon where they specialize with this or you may come out with awful results. This is NOT the time to cheap out on a salon, go somewhere nice. You may have to spend some $ now, but you should be able to find a place that will do color correction for under $100.



go for a consultation first, no salon should charge you for this. Ask any questions you have and bring in the boxes of the hair dye you used, even if you think it was incorrectly packaged, mention that to the colorist as well. They will tell you the cost for the correction and what you can expect. You can get this color out, you might just have to have some color lifting products put on your hair to do it. If I were you and I had time, I would go for at least 2 consultations at different salons, you will get a better idea of what is actually going on with your hair. If you get a bad vibe from the colorist you consult with, if they seem unsure or inexperienced or they don't know what exactly to do, LEAVE!!!!



This is a problem salons are great at fixing, just make SURE you go to a reputable salon (i.e. no fantasic sams) There is no need to wait it out unless you have chemical burns on your scalp, you should be fine going to have this corrected whenever you have time to get down to the salon. Depending on what they have to do, allow several hours at the salon. You will also need to inquire on proper shampoo and conditioner to prolong the color treatment they do on your hair. If you have lifted the pigments out the cuticles will be open, giving your hair a lot of 'tooth' but it will not hold colors very long, so you may need touch ups every 6 weeks or so, gradually the color will fade out slower each time. I had platinum hair before, so i am experienced with this.



This truthfully is the best advise for you, go to a professional this time and let them correct the problem and then leave your hair alone for a while, stop coloring it yourself until the hair you have had problems with has all been grown/cut out. You might also benefit from a deep conditioning treatment when you go to have it corrected. These conditioning treatments return your hair to a silky shiney healty state and are only around $10.



Don't despair, but it is time to stop using home products with your current problem and let a professional return your hair to a sunny blonde again.



Hope I helped you.



Major Hair Trauma! Help me someone!?

there is product you can get that can take some of the nasty away.



but i'd definitely go to a salon if i were you.



Major Hair Trauma! Help me someone!?

it is probably not working to recolor it because you are only supposed to dye it ever 4 months at the most! i would wait like a month or 2 and then die it, cuz you are probably ruining your hair alot!



Major Hair Trauma! Help me someone!?

go to the salon! the colours always turn out better when you get professional help.



and there is a product they use to take out the colour.



i dyed my hair a bright copper colour and i wanted to change my hair colour to a dark purple-red. to do that they had to take out the copper. they just leave it in your hair before they put the hair dye.



Major Hair Trauma! Help me someone!?

you should probably go and get a color stripper from sallys beauty supply and try to take out all the color and then try again with your usual hair dye. also ask someone at sally's beauty supply what they think cause there supose to know stuff like that. good luck



Major Hair Trauma! Help me someone!?

i would go to a salon if i was u



i would explain to them waut happened and maybe u could



ask them like what products you could use and what to do



Good Luck!



Major Hair Trauma! Help me someone!?

Yeah they will def be able to help u at a hair salon or at least tell you what to do to fix it.



Major Hair Trauma! Help me someone!?

You should have gone to a hair salon in the first place. It would have been done right the first time. I bet you've spent just as much money on all the extra hair dye as you would have at the salon.



Major Hair Trauma! Help me someone!?

I have to agree with the other answerers...go to the salon A.S.A.P. You could use a good colorist to straighten out this minor hair horror. In the meantime, pick up some Fanciful rinse if you want to try to cover this up without harming your hair. Fanciful (or similar products) rinse out totally when you shampoo your hair, so you have to reapply after each shampoo, but it will not harm your hair...and will cover pretty well if you get a dark enough shade. Use with dark towels because the dripping from it may stain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
poor credit