Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dyed hair brown last nov, has been green, hilited twice since then, what else can I do to make it no

I dyed my light(with hi lites) hair, dark brown last november. I have hilited it twice since then and have had 2 malibus(in Nov) It is still green/grey and getting worse. What else can I do to get my light hair back? Expensive and Inexpensive answers are fine. Thanks for the help!



Dyed hair brown last nov, has been green, hilited twice since then, what else can I do to make it not green?

The reason why your hair is green is because you have mixed a yellow base with a blue base, giving you a green effect. You stated that your hair was a light color, you then dyed it brown (which has a blue base), then you put highlights on top of that (yellow base).



In order to difuse the situation, you will need to add a red base. You can acheive this by seeing your local, licensed beauty professional, or, you can do-it-yourself. You will need to purchase a semi-permanent (will say Semi-permanent on box) hair color that has a red tone. Try a reddish-brown instead of brown. If you use semi-permanent you will not be committed to it. It will shampoo out in 1-2 weeks, and the green will disappear. Or, if you like the reddish brown look you can try a permanent color with a red tint to it. This will definately resolve your problem. Good luck! :)



Dyed hair brown last nov, has been green, hilited twice since then, what else can I do to make it not green?

Well I'm sorry but the only thing i can suggest is dying it black, it's a very strong color and usually covers any other.



Dyed hair brown last nov, has been green, hilited twice since then, what else can I do to make it not green?

Don't use a color with an ash base...they usually cause the green tint in some hair;)



Dyed hair brown last nov, has been green, hilited twice since then, what else can I do to make it not green?

OMG, please don't dye it black like the other person said!!! Sounds like whoever colored it used a color with an ash/green base. You need gold to neutralize the green. A good colorist should be able to spot that right away. They should be able to make it a neutral brown, then highlight normally.



God luck!



Dyed hair brown last nov, has been green, hilited twice since then, what else can I do to make it not green?

go to a salon and let a professional handle this one! it may cost a little more, but will be worth it in the long run. it's hard to explain what to do to someone on the internet like this!



you must have put an "ash" color on your hair. ash=green! you cannot lighten color with color, so you must use bleach now. that's the tricky part...when not applied right especially with hair all different colors, you can end up with orange/red/gold spots in hair then!



Dyed hair brown last nov, has been green, hilited twice since then, what else can I do to make it not green?

use tomato sauce like a conditoner,



Dyed hair brown last nov, has been green, hilited twice since then, what else can I do to make it not green?

i think your going to get alot of opinions but, in the end thier just opinions.... You need to do whats best for your hair....



I would recommend bleaching it to get the color out and then back to a color you prefer....



then again thats my opinion... make some call to a few salons... ask them what they think and cost....



hopefully that can help.....



I'm doing research right now on 3 of my local salons b/c I want to color my hair as well...



-Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
poor credit